Comment on page
How To Set Up Your Wallet On Fantom
If you are wondering how to create a new cryptocurrency wallet, consider creating one by installing the MetaMask extension.
MetaMask is a free and secure browser extension that allows web applications to read and interact with the Ethereum blockchain or Binance Smart Chain.
In this tutorial we will be using Google Chrome as an example, but the workflow is the same for all browsers.
2. Click Chrome to install MetaMask as a Google Chrome extension.
3. Click Add to Chrome
4. Click Add Extension.
That’s it! You have successfully installed MetaMask extension!
The next step is to create an account.
- 1.Click on the MetaMask icon in the upper right corner to open the extension.
- 2.To install the latest version of MetaMask, click Try it now.
- 3.Click Continue.
4. You will be asked to create a new password. Create a strong password and click Create.
Don’t forget to store your password for safekeeping!
6. Click Reveal secret words.
7. You will see a 12 words seed phrase. Save seed words as a file or copy them to a safe place and click Next.
Reveal secret words and copy your secret backup phrase to a safe place
Security tips: Write this phrase on a piece of paper and store in a secure location. If you want even more security, write it down on multiple pieces of paper and store each in 2–3 different locations. Memorize this phrase.
- 1.Verify your secret phrase by selecting the previously generated phrase. When done, click Confirm.
By “solving this puzzle” you are confirming that you know your secret phrase
Congratulations! You have successfully created your MetaMask account. A new Ethereum wallet address was automatically generated for you!
- Open MetaMask
Open your MetaMask wallet by clicking the MetaMask logo at the top right of your browser.
MetaMask icon in browser
- Go to settings When your MetaMask wallet is open, click on the logo of your account at the top right. In the dropdown menu, click on ‘Settings’.
MetaMask - settings menu
- Go to networks In the settings menu, click on ‘Networks’. In this menu you will see a list of networks to which your MetaMask wallet is connected. Click on the ‘Add Networks’ button at the bottom.
- Add the network details Enter the details of the network. The following information must be entered: Network Name, New RPC URL, ChainID, Symbol and Block Explorer URL. In order to add the Fantom network, enter the following information:• Network Name: Fantom Opera • New RPC Url: https://rpc.ftm.tools/ • Chain ID: 250 • Symbol: FTM • Block Explorer URL: https://ftmscan.com/
MetaMask - add network
(Note that transactions on the Fantom network are paid with Fantom (FTM) tokens.)
- Connect your MetaMask to the Fantom network Before deploying your assets into DApps on Fantom, all you need to do is connect your MetaMask wallet to the Fantom network. You can do so by clicking on the current network at the top of your MetaMask wallet, then click on Fantom Opera.
MetaMask - select network
Congratulations, you have successfully connected your MetaMask wallet to the Fantom network! If you have any further questions about DeFi